Listed below are problems to be solved before the class of the week in which they are listed. Notes and other information about the problems will be added as issues arise. Note that the future is uncertain and subject to change.
- Week of August 28: discuss the syllabus and work on problems 1 and 2 from GRE 9768.
- Week of September 4: 3-11 of GRE 9768.
- Week of September 11: 12-20 of GRE 9768.
- Week of September 18: 21-29 of GRE 9768.
- Week of September 25: 30-38 of GRE 9768.
- Week of October 2: 39-47 of GRE 9768.
- Week of October 9: 48-56 of GRE 9768.
Week of October 16: take-home practice exam (presentations from the exam).
- More MFT practice problems.
Week of October 23: 1-12 of GRE 0568.
- Select a number of problems equal to the number of people in your class and prepare presentations of these problems.
- Week of October 30: 13-24 of GRE 0568.
- Week of November 6: 25-34 of GRE 0568.
- Week of November 13: 35-44 of GRE 0568.
Week of November 20:
- Practice exam (no presentations).
- Submit a proposal of 6 problems you might like to present to the faculty (due 11/22)
- The problems may come from GRE 0568, GRE 9768, GRE 8767, the MFT practice problems, or the take-home practice exam.
- Plan to present the problems as if they aren't multiple choice and choose accordingly.
- Week of November 27: 45-55 of GRE 0568.
Week of December 4: final presentations.
- All math professors are invited to attend.
- You will present one of your 4 selected problems.
- You may work from notes.
- You won't know in advance which of your 4 problems you'll be presenting.
- The professors will ask questions after your presentation.
- GRE 0568 questions
- GRE 9768 questions
- GRE 8767 questions
- Saturday, December 9, 9:30-12:00 in Jepson 021: Major Field Test in Mathematics.
- Monday 9:00-9:50
- Tuesday 10:00-11:00 in the Math Lab
- Wednesday 1:30-2:30
- Thursday 1:30-3:00
- or by appointment
Last updated 12/9/2017.